Pop ups can go now

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
These freaking pop ups are getting on my last nerve, man. I've had TWO in the last 15 picoseconds. I use Camino and Safari to block pop ups but they keep coming. And only on this site. Can you guys stop it already?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

These freaking pop ups are getting on my last nerve, man. I've had TWO in the last 15 picoseconds. I use Camino and Safari to block pop ups but they keep coming. And only on this site. Can you guys stop it already?

you'll notice helpful google links in the ads below (sarcasm mode = on)

some sites just don't get it and think that $4 more a month in revenue make up for annoying their user base. I run a major site but would never consider any popups, popunders or anything similar. Its just bad karma.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Haven't you heard? Pop-unders are the new black!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Firefox & No Script add-on
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Amen. I used to check this site first thing every morning, now maybe once a week. The ad content and brainless 'analyst' re-posts are a complete waste of my time.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    You're actually thinking of pop-unders, which AI uses in abundance (I get two just going to an article), but today, AI actually started using pop-ups in addition to pop-unders. Kasper must be getting really desperate for funds.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    I never get any pop-unders or pop-overs from this site
  • Reply 7 of 8
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I think maybe AI checks if you're logged on. On my home machine with Safari, I get no ads, but I stay logged on at all times. On my work machine with Firefox and Adblock, I get lots of ads, but I set Firefox to clear cookies and all other browser info when I quit.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

You're actually thinking of pop-unders, which AI uses in abundance (I get two just going to an article), but today, AI actually started using pop-ups in addition to pop-unders. Kasper must be getting really desperate for funds.

Yeah, that's the ticket. It's freakin annoying. Do people realize that NOBODY clicks on these things? They're pointless and a waste of time. Sort of like the FCC policing the airwaves and fining people for dropping the "f" bomb. I'm sure 99.9% of the population has heard the word, so what's the point?