mac os x without old?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
which version of mac os x will not have a default setting for installation mac os 9.*?

1.2?

1.5?

or

2.0?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    What? :confused:

In english, please?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I think he means, what version of Mac OS X will come without Classic installed by default.

That won't happen for a long time, IMHO. Many people depend on Classic apps to get their work done, so it will be at least another year, if not longer, before Apple would even consider removing Classic.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Power Mac G4 Servers come with Mac OS X Server installed, without Classic.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    odinn5odinn5 Posts: 107member
    Luckily for mr I don't need anything that OS 9 has to offer and have done a total re-install of OS X without OS 9.

It doers seem to make the system snappier
  • Reply 5 of 8
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    Mac OS X 2.0

And why? Something like that should have an easy to identify version number.

Imagine this scenario: "Which version is it that doesn't include Classic, again?" Answer: "Oh, um, 1.4, no wait 1.5, I think." Better to make it clear with a nice, round 2.0. Or, better still, a whole new name. Something without Roman numerals in it, please. Like, simply, "Mac OS 2.0" (nobody will think Apple's gone back to System 2.0 in 198?).
  • Reply 6 of 8
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    wow! Classic really was a dinosaur, what with it's 1800+ years of service as the default mac OS.

How does OSX currently open Classic apps? Perhaps a revision will include a thinner classic client/shell that can't be booted into independently but exists only to run classic apps in OSX ???
  • Reply 7 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>

How does OSX currently open Classic apps? Perhaps a revision will include a thinner classic client/shell that can't be booted into independently but exists only to run classic apps in OSX ???</strong><hr></blockquote>

That sounds like a pretty good idea.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>wow! Classic really was a dinosaur, what with it's 1800+ years of service as the default mac OS.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I suppose you already understood this, but I put the question mark in "198?" to indicate that I didn't know which year(s) in the '80s (that's 1980's) we had System 2.0.