World Wide Developers Confrence

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is anyone here going to WWDC? And those who are going, could you update us with information from the confrences you attend so those who can't go can stay up to date?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'm going (third year in a row ).

However, all registered attendees got a nice little "checklist" yesterday, and the first item said:

--------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY

--------------------

With the exception of the WWDC 2002 Opening/Keynote Session,

information delivered by Apple to WWDC 2002 attendees is considered

"Confidential Information" as defined in the "Apple Developer

Connection Terms and Conditions and Prototype License and

Confidentiality Agreement". You may view a copy of the terms you

agreed to at <http://developer.apple.com/membership/pdf/terms.pdf>.

This is the same as previous years. If you want to know what was said in the various sessions, you can always watch ADC TV after the conference.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Unfortunately I'm just an online member, and even if I could afford to go, I wouldn't be allowed anyway because of the under-18 rule.

So, I expect a full and complete report on the keynote!

edit: When I joined, I did agree to that agreement. So doesn't that mean that I am cleared to get information about WWDC sessions?

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: graphiteman ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    At the Shareholder's meeting they denied that there was any under-18 rule.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by JBL:

<strong>At the Shareholder's meeting they denied that there was any under-18 rule.</strong><hr></blockquote>

At the shareholder's meeting, they said the kid had broken rules, and of those broken, his being under age wasn't one of them, as his parents act as his guardians, and it was by the book.

At most conferences, you have to be over 18 to attend. This is true at Macworld. One year they wouldn't let one of my editor's into the show to work the booth, so I had to basically go get a hall pass for him from the show management office.

Anyhow, if you do read closely, it says no one under 18 allowed at the show, I'd imagine it's the same for WWDC. I'd imagine if you were with a parent or something it's ok. *shrugs*
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I checked, and MacWorld requires a parent to be with anyone under 16. I believe, however, that WWDC requires all attendees to be over 18; I didn't see any parent/guardian clause. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>

At the shareholder's meeting, they said the kid had broken rules, and of those broken, his being under age wasn't one of them, as his parents act as his guardians, and it was by the book.

At most conferences, you have to be over 18 to attend. This is true at Macworld. One year they wouldn't let one of my editor's into the show to work the booth, so I had to basically go get a hall pass for him from the show management office.

Anyhow, if you do read closely, it says no one under 18 allowed at the show, I'd imagine it's the same for WWDC. I'd imagine if you were with a parent or something it's ok. *shrugs*</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've been going to Macworld Conferences since I was 12. there is no such rule
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

I've been going to Macworld Conferences since I was 12. there is no such rule</strong><hr></blockquote>

It must be a policy set on exhibitors then, because I had to get him special permission from show management to enter with an exhibitor badge since he was obviously under 18. Most shows I end up having to attend do set an age limit on attendees... the NAB, Comdex, Show West, etceteras, I guess I just assumed Macworld had a similar one. My mistake

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: M3D Jack ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

I've been going to Macworld Conferences since I was 12. there is no such rule</strong><hr></blockquote>

I went to my first Macworld Conference (NY '98) when I was 17. However, I can understand if there's an age limit for exhibitors.