safari update

1st1st
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Guys and Gals of Mac Gurus,

I got problem to download safari recent update. It got cut off around 13-14 Mb 3 times (total >25 mb size of download). What is so special around 13-14 Mb could resulted slow down the download significantly to halt? Hmm, very interesting or just coincidence (3X)? A bit wary to download this stuff now... Got any idea? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    This is not exactly the same thing , but ... When I downloaded the update , Safari quit working altogether. I called Apple Care and after about an hour on the phone with no luck , I was told to just reinstall the entire O.S. Safari is now working , but I don't really want to update now. I just recently switched to Mac but have only had the MacBook for less than three months. An event like this is not encouraging , especially as there seems to be no understanding on the part of Apple as to what happened. Any comments ?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bartleby66 View Post

This is not exactly the same thing , but ... When I downloaded the update , Safari quit working altogether. I called Apple Care and after about an hour on the phone with no luck , I was told to just reinstall the entire O.S. Safari is now working , but I don't really want to update now. I just recently switched to Mac but have only had the MacBook for less than three months. An event like this is not encouraging , especially as there seems to be no understanding on the part of Apple as to what happened. Any comments ?

This most recent Safari update has had a lot of complaints. I'm not updating. I think I'll wait for the next one. I've not had any problems with an update since I moved back to Macs about 1.5 years ago but I'm skipping this one.

Most seasoned users recommend waiting at least a few days after an update release before updating to see if there are issues. I always check here before updating to see if there are going to be problems.

One app you may want to consider, I use and highly recommend, is super duper. It will clone your HDD. I always run SD before an update so that if there is a problem I can always run SD(copy the backup onto the HDD) to get back to where I was before the update.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1st View Post

Guys and Gals of Mac Gurus,

I got problem to download safari recent update. It got cut off around 13-14 Mb 3 times (total >25 mb size of download). What is so special around 13-14 Mb could resulted slow down the download significantly to halt? Hmm, very interesting or just coincidence (3X)? A bit wary to download this stuff now... Got any idea? Thanks.

got done finally... I guess persistence pays off. spend total > 5 hrs (4X) to install the update... appear to be OK after complete the download this afternoon (not sure what changed... may be someone fix it on the apple site... ). Not the best way to spend a sunday. Rather out in the field enjoy the Sun...