Now a good time to buy an iPod Touch?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Should I buy now? Or wait until the "event" in June.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    fortmajorfortmajor Posts: 9member
    bump...same question
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    iPods are generally updated in September, so it depends on whether you're willing to wait four months.

Note that, while the Touch is a little bit of an exceptional case in that it was updated at the beginning of February, I suspect that Apple will settle down on the usual update schedule as the Touch continues to mature.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

iPods are generally updated in September, so it depends on whether you're willing to wait four months.

Note that, while the Touch is a little bit of an exceptional case in that it was updated at the beginning of February, I suspect that Apple will settle down on the usual update schedule as the Touch continues to mature.

I suspect that the Touch will have the same update schedule as the iPhone. After all, the Touch is an iPhone without the phone.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    yes, you should get the ipod touch now. also instead of having to pay for games like appl will do, you an jailbreak it and get way more games and applicatonion all for free.

its so simply to jailbreak. go to ziphone.org anddownload the jailbreaking program on weather u have a mac or pc. then follow the simply steps
  • Reply 5 of 6
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

Should I buy now? Or wait until the "event" in June.

Do what ever you want, frankly I see the development schedules for the iPhone and Touch diverging a bit in the future. The primary reason is that Touch has a different set of customers to please. So yeah expect that your Touch will be undated a couple of months after you buy it, but frankly that will happen whenever you buy.

The other issue is that people often say buy a computer when you need it, not when Apple says you need it. This is applicable to some extent with respect to the Touch. I say to "some extent" because lets face it right at the moment no iPod has a feature set you can't live without. No body that I know of runs a business on such nor do I see a Touch integrated into a students work flow. In other words a Touch is a discretionary expense, more so than most users want to admit.

So do what ever you want, including picking up a used model when the new models hit the streets.

Dave
  • Reply 6 of 6
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunshine View Post

Well personally I think that recently the price for the ipod touch has dropped a lot, the 16GB iPod touch is on sale for $330 at Macmall.com.

Note that the $329.99 price is for the touch without the January upgrade.