headphones

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am thinking of getting new headphones for my ipod touch and i am wondering what is the best headphone for:

1) sound quality

2)noise cancelation

i have a couple in mind

-Bose Quiet Comfort 3

i like the on ear and from reviews they sound nice

-Creative Aurvana X-Fi headphones

from review sound good

-i hear shure a good company but never tried out one

- any other brands i would appreicat it

please help me

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Go to UltimateEars . Com for info, then Amazon if you decide on a pair. "Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro" are great if you like SNUG FITTING "in the ear" buds. (Pro bands use custom fit Ultimate Ears brand on stage). They come with an array of tips for a snug fit. That?s what shuts the noise out. If ?over the ear? headphones are more comfortable for your cancellation needs, stick to Bose etc.

On airplanes, I?ve found Bose edges out ?in the ear buds? just a bit for noise cancellation.

If you hate them, Amazon will accept returns. If anything ever goes wrong with them, Ultimate Ears will replace them for you. They have that Nordstrom style customer service going on.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Also, go here for the best flexible headphone connector, if your iPod Touch has the same tiny recessed jack as the iPhone. Most headphones won?t plug in directly.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...adphoneadapter
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ramsey123 View Post

Go to UltimateEars . Com for info, then Amazon if you decide on a pair. "Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro" are great if you like SNUG FITTING "in the ear" buds. (Pro bands use custom fit Ultimate Ears brand on stage). They come with an array of tips for a snug fit. That?s what shuts the noise out. If ?over the ear? headphones are more comfortable for your cancellation needs, stick to Bose etc.

On airplanes, I?ve found Bose edges out ?in the ear buds? just a bit for noise cancellation.

If you hate them, Amazon will accept returns. If anything ever goes wrong with them, Ultimate Ears will replace them for you. They have that Nordstrom style customer service going on.

im stuck

i like the small size and factor of the shure one partically the 410 or close to that becuase its fair price on amazon. 400 mark 130 off.

but im my opionon bose sounds better i will wrty the bose ones for 30 days and if i love them il stick with them
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdhockeyfan424 View Post

im stuck

i like the small size and factor of the shure one partically the 410 or close to that becuase its fair price on amazon. 400 mark 130 off.

but im my opionon bose sounds better i will wrty the bose ones for 30 days and if i love them il stick with them

Geez, that's a good price for the SE420s. Like you, I prefer the more portable in-ears or ear-buds for iPod headphones. I can tell you that the Shure headphones are awesome. I've been using their 'phones for the past three years. The thing I like most about them is that, whether I'm walking along a quiet street, or flying at 10,000 meters, the volume on my iPod doesn't change.

What you will likely find with noise-canceling headphones like Bose, is that they perform very well with "static" noise, like airplane engines or a chattering crowd, but not as well with "dynamic" noise, like a person talking next to you on the train. The reason is that there is a slight time-delay between the noise and the inverted sound wave that cancels it, so "static" is easier to filter out. With in-ear 'phones, you're isolated from exterior sounds regardless of their source.

As you say, you can try the Bose for a month to see if they work for you, but I would highly recommend the Shures.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Anyone try the Denon AH-NC732? Will they perform as good as the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7?