(windows xp(boot camp) * Fusion) + Leopard = one rocking OS!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,



I just got my MBP for about 2 days already and I LOVE IT!, im thinking of getting my self a keyboard protector cause I heard that the keyboard paint will came of after a couple of months?. You guys think I should get myself a keyboard protector?



Anyway to explain my title, I ran XP(Boot Camp) through Fusion, firstly I run my SolidWorks app using Fusion unity feature, I dont really like it cause it makes my Leopard look XPish and SolidWorks take up my whole page which requires me to minimize dock (no, I dont want to minimize my dock!), then I get this crazy idea, why dont I commit one Space for Win XP, I made XP to run full screen on Fusion, and then I use Spaces to swap between Leopard and XP quickly!.



This is my first own Mac and I personally enjoy this best of both world features



Oh yeah and I feel refresh about using XP again when I use it in full screen mode compared to unity mode. Maybe unity mode is useful if you want to run apps that dont take much screen space (BitTorrent & WindowsLiveMessanger for Windows is much better then Mac), but if you use program like SolidWorks which take up a lot of screen space, might as well make virtualized XP into fullscreen and dedicate a space for it .



Below is the pic of my MBP showing what I trying to explain:





Take note that in the space 1 is the message Im typing now. Space 2 is XP, Space 3 is iTunes.

Performance of the computer seems okay.



Damn its cool to run XP now

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post


    Hi,



    I just got my MBP for about 2 days already and I LOVE IT!, im thinking of getting my self a keyboard protector cause I heard that the keyboard paint will came of after a couple of months?. You guys think I should get myself a keyboard protector?



    If the MBP keyboard is any close to what the original PB 12" had, and I don't see why it would not be, then you don't need protection. My 12" PB has no wear after more than 5 years of almost daily use. Oh, and congratulations for your new MBP.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    Quote:

    If the MBP keyboard is any close to what the original PB 12" had, and I don't see why it would not be, then you don't need protection. My 12" PB has no wear after more than 5 years of almost daily use. Oh, and congratulations for your new MBP.



    Thanks . Well I know that the PB has no issues with the keyboard but I heard after the years, Apple quality drop (not blaming Apple, all other manufacturers are cutting costs here and there, hence lower quality). I saw some photos of MBP which the keys lost their paint, that issue was acknowledge by Apple, I wonder if I should get it. Any other MBP owners care to shed some light in this?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post


    Thanks . Well I know that the PB has no issues with the keyboard but I heard after the years, Apple quality drop (not blaming Apple, all other manufacturers are cutting costs here and there, hence lower quality). I saw some photos of MBP which the keys lost their paint, that issue was acknowledge by Apple, I wonder if I should get it. Any other MBP owners care to shed some light in this?





    I've a Rev B MBP, bought in October of 06.



    My keyboard looks brand new. No evidence of wear at all.



    I use my machine daily.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    oh okay , well I waiting for more MBP owners to shed some light into this.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    smaxsmax Posts: 360member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post


    oh okay , well I waiting for more MBP owners to shed some light into this.



    No problems here on the 2 MBPs I've had.
Sign In or Register to comment.