iPhone not available in either UK or USA

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was browsing the Apple US Store, clicked on the Buy Now page and it shows that both the 8 GB and 16 GB models are currently unavailable.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL.../iphone/iphone

Same thing in the Apple UK Store

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje.../family/iphone

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Yup - seems strange they would just make it "unavailable"... but if it's out in both the USA and UK it seems unlikely that it is just a shortage.

They were pulled from O2's site yesterday as well (although are available now):

And AT&T's website still has them available
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    The wording is odd to me... No Longer Available is very different from Sold Out.

IF they are sold out, would they wait until the middle of June before shipping more? Three plus weeks without any sales to customers who might be buying something else?

Have a feeling we will be seeing a new iPhone very soon, with more good stuff to come at WWDC.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The wording is odd to me... No Longer Available is very different from Sold Out.

IF they are sold out, would they wait until the middle of June before shipping more? Three plus weeks without any sales to customers who might be buying something else?

Have a feeling we will be seeing a new iPhone very soon, with more good stuff to come at WWDC.

It would be crazy for apple to wait till June to get the new phone with out restocking the current one.. image how the wall street would react to the qtr when they state they have very few iphone sales for a 5 week period..would see nice drop in price of stock... as investor that does not set well with me... If this is just bad supply chain management Shame on you Steve...

I think we will see the new phone before WWDC in JUNE, that way developers can try there apps on a work 3g phone...

I just had my 2 year contract with Verizon end and need a new phone .. So release soon.. I hate the Razor.. always breaks...