Hospitality Room-Catering Rider

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Smoking Gun - Foo Fighters

Hospitality rooms and the food in them are like some strange sort of sickness within the entertainment industry. I don't know about you but I've enjoyed reading the strange sort of requests within them over the years. However having within a few of these over years myself I think I've also discovered it is some sort of strange sickness that occurs whenever you have to kill that time before the show.

The crap is just never right and somehow you always seem to want adjustments, even if it was better than you ever had before it still isn't by the final show or performance. The last hospitality room I enjoyed had a nice selection of meats, cheese, crackers, tea, coffee, and ranch dressing and veggies.

The cast and crew was 12 and by the time all the preferences were out almost everyone had found something to dislike or complain about. As I said it is a sickness. My particular complaint had to do with tea. I was fine with the tea but we ran out of stirring sticks. Without stirring sticks the sugar or substitute lays on the ice or if there is no ice sinks right to the bottom. Was this a big deal across eight performances? No. However if it was a multi-month tour, I can see how I would become some sort of stirring stick gestapo.

So... your turn....we are all in the Appleinsider/Appleoutsider Hospitality Room. What had better be here according to the catering rider to make our stay a pleasant one. I don't want to have to start slapping one of you when we have to kill that 90 minutes before the show.

Me....

* Get me some f*cking stirring sticks. I don't care what I am mixing and why... I want a g*d d*mn sticks.

* DVD movies...nothing associated with Wes Anderson or Jimmy Fallon.

* I need something other than plain mustard available in terms of mustard.

* Smoked meats rock

Next....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    Quote:

As if you need another reason to love Iggy Pop, the veteran rocker (and his band The Stooges) have the single most entertaining concert rider TSG has ever obtained. The document--all 18 pages of which you'll find below--describes Iggy's requirements in terms of amplifiers, security, lighting, stage set up, and dressing rooms. But unlike most similar documents, Iggy's rider is written in a rollicking, stream-of-consciousness fashion that delivers multiple laughs per page. Apparently written by roadie Jos Grain, the Iggy rider is peppered with witty gems, tasteless asides, and typos.

For example, in describing how Iggy's dressing room should be made to "look less like a typical rock & roll dressing room," the rider suggests that promoters "just let someone loose with a little bit of artistic flair...Er, do you know any homosexuals?" Explaining the need for two heavy duty fans, Grain notes, "So that I can wear a scarf and pretend to be in a Bon Jovi video." Also, don't miss the backstage requirements of a Bob Hope impersonator and "a copy of USA Today that's got a story about morbidly obese people in it. Most amusing!" (18 pages)

Lust For Laughs
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I have no experience with this but I imagine if you are on tour your get rather sick of not having your own stuff. Theses days I'm into plain yogurt. If I'm at my own house then I have it and if I don't then I drive half a mile and buy it. If I'm on tour and I want it then I ask for it but if I get chunky fruit yogurt instead then I might be pissed. I'm sure it gets annoying. I hate runny yogurt too which seem to be all that's sold these days.\
  • Reply 3 of 3
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    M&M's with all the blues picked out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I have no experience with this but I imagine if you are on tour your get rather sick of not having your own stuff. Theses days I'm into plain yogurt. If I'm at my own house then I have it and if I don't then I drive half a mile and buy it. If I'm on tour and I want it then I ask for it but if I get chunky fruit yogurt instead then I might be pissed. I'm sure it gets annoying. I hate runny yogurt too which seem to be all that's sold these days.\

I've made a few tsatsikis. I was never a fan of ranches and blue cheeses as dipping sauces. Hummus is great but I like variety. So this is a nice way to mix it up.