Cinema Display 23"

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
The display on my laptop is to the left, and off the screen of my Cinema Display. If I move e.g. an open page so that it goes off the laptop screen to the right, it will slide onto my Cinema Display. And, of course, I've no dock at the bottom of the Cinema Display, though I do at the bottom of my laptop display. I figure that I must have touched something by accident that is causing this problem and that the solution is no doubt as simple as resetting something. But I don't know what. Any help? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Malebranche View Post

The display on my laptop is to the left, and off the screen of my Cinema Display. If I move e.g. an open page so that it goes off the laptop screen to the right, it will slide onto my Cinema Display. And, of course, I've no dock at the bottom of the Cinema Display, though I do at the bottom of my laptop display. I figure that I must have touched something by accident that is causing this problem and that the solution is no doubt as simple as resetting something. But I don't know what. Any help? Thanks.

I assume that you used to have the displays mirroring each other, instead of extended desktop mode? Go into System Preferences (can be found in the apple menu at the top left of the screen) and click Displays. You'll find the settings in there.