Odd "New Price" on UKs Mac Mini page

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apples UK Store Has a new addition on the Mac Mini Page, the inclusion of a blue circle stating "New Price" plain for all to see on the right of the page. Yet oddly the prices remain at the £399 and £499 points they have been at since the introduction of the intel chips.

Does anyone know whats going on? what the new prices will be?

Is this a slip/hint that a new model is coming?

{assumed this should go in current hardware, as its only a new price..but actually isnt .. yet?}

I was just about to order one actually, thats how I noticed, bit put off the idea till I can confirm what they mean by "New Price"

{Apple Ireland stating this also, but not difference in the price, no sign of the additional graphic on the US site though?????}

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    (UK£ 399) x 1 = 779.7258 U.S. dollars

(UK£ 499) x 1 = 975.1458 U.S. dollars

maybe a price drop to put it line with us prices.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    When you select the £399 model, it shows up as £398.99!! They've knocked 1 pence off the price. Buy buy buy!!!

Hmmm, that can't be it, the £499 model shows up as £499.

The prices are pretty close to the US ones $599 = £306 + vat = £359. £399 is ok.

It must be a mistake. The Mini should be getting an update soon though so maybe it's a sign that it's coming very soon. I really thought it would be after Montevina though, which isn't for another two weeks.

I also expected more than just a price drop.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mike86mike86 Posts: 1member
    Maybe (hopefully), Apple are selling off their old stock ready for an updated Mini? It must be a mistake that they haven't actually updated the prices yet.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    It's been like that since the iMac update. I let them know, but no change. Very odd.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    joedrcjoedrc Posts: 86member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

When you select the £399 model, it shows up as £398.99!! They've knocked 1 pence off the price. Buy buy buy!!!

Hmmm, that can't be it, the £499 model shows up as £499.

The prices are pretty close to the US ones $599 = £306 + vat = £359. £399 is ok.

It must be a mistake. The Mini should be getting an update soon though so maybe it's a sign that it's coming very soon. I really thought it would be after Montevina though, which isn't for another two weeks.

I also expected more than just a price drop.

Strangely on the business section of the Apple Online UK Store a MBA is £1,199.01