Dissapearing Dock!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Randomly, my dock platform on Leopard dissapears every sometimes. It only reappears when I do restart my Mac.

See my screenshot

http://i29.tinypic.com/2aflhlt.png

Any ideas on the cause of this? Does anyone else get this?

Model: Apple iMac Aluminium 2.4GHz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Screenshot shows half a dock, but that appears to be because you've got half a desktop, which I'm guessing isn't your actual problem. Maybe try again on uploading that?

At any rate, you might try tossing your dock preferences (user/library/preferences/com.apple.dock.plist), then logging out and in. Also check to see if you've installed any software that allows changing dock behavior, such as TinkerTool.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mambo06mambo06 Posts: 23member
    Sorry yeah, that was me who cropped the image!

Ok, I'll trying "tossing" that file and let you know what happens.

Cheers.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    phlakephlake Posts: 91member
    I had a similar problem, where my Dock lost the reflectivity. The surface still existed, but it was transparent, not reflective. In fact it looked a lot better.

As for a fix, I just ran a "killall Dock" in terminal to restart the dock, and it seemed to fix it. I have no idea what is causing either problem though.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phlake View Post

I had a similar problem, where my Dock lost the reflectivity. The surface still existed, but it was transparent, not reflective. In fact it looked a lot better.

As for a fix, I just ran a "killall Dock" in terminal to restart the dock, and it seemed to fix it. I have no idea what is causing either problem though.

On my MBP I have realized that every once and a while a few of my bins I have on my stacks will not show up, and the only way to get them to is for me to restart, very strange.