web gallery error from iphoto

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi

I've been trying to publish an album through my webgallery from iphoto and every time the same error window appear:

An error occurred while publishing the album ?...?

Request to the server failed

I already have 10 albums on my web gallery, is there a limit?

Even if I try tu publish only two pictures it won't work

If anybody could help me, it will be great

thanks

sev

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I was able to solve this problem a different way, not being able to solve it with the above solutions. I was able to resolve it not by changing the settings to my Airport (router), but rather by going into System Preferences on all my computers that were logged into my .mac account. I went under .mac in System Preferences, logged myself out on the "account" tab of .mac in system preferences. After all of my computers were logged off, then I logged back in and things worked fine and i was able to post web galleries and iweb pages again. I also went to a different computer that was still working and uploaded a quick photo to the web gallery, hoping this would override the lock my other computer had on loading things to iweb and iphoto.

It seemed as if just the one computer got locked up trying to upload content, making it so I couldn't upload anything new until "unlocking it". So if i went to another computer, I could upload before the fix, it was just annoying I couldn't do it from my Macbook Pro. One thing I did as well as delete all of the sites I had by going to idisk on my finder and deleting the items under "sites" folder under "Web" on idisk's root. I'm not sure if this was necessary to the solution as I initially did this, it didn't resolve the problem so I did the"logging out" thing and either that fixed it or the combination did it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I just recently started getting this error (with the newest version of iPhoto '09), but on only one of my MobileMe galleries.

I started publishing 10 photos at a time from the Event I was trying to post, and found a picture near the end (of course!) that was missing. The thumbnail displayed in iPhoto, from the smallest to the largest zoom in the main screen; but when I double-clicked that picture to see it full screen I got a giant gray circle with an exclamation point in it. I deleted that photo and the gallery published fine!