DECT 6.0 phones & wireless interference

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I was given to understand that the advantage of a DECT 6.0 phone over a 2.x or a 5.8 phone was that the wireless will not be interrupted when the phone is in use. It seems to be incorrect.

I recently bought a Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone set to replace my 2.4 gig set. Now whenever the phone rings or whenever someone in my house makes a call, I lose the wireless connection for a couple of seconds and then it comes back. I have tested this a few times to make sure that this was not a coincidence.

I convinced my wife that we needed the DECT 6.0 set and spent some money on it and now she's mad whenever she's on Skype with her family and the phone rings she gets cut off. Guess who gets to bear the brunt of her displeasure.

Is there something in the phone setup or Airport Express setup that I should do to prevent this? Or is the claim of DECT 6.0 not interfering with wireless just another empty claim to sell newer phones?

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Hi,

I was given to understand that the advantage of a DECT 6.0 phone over a 2.x or a 5.8 phone was that the wireless will not be interrupted when the phone is in use. It seems to be incorrect.

I recently bought a Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone set to replace my 2.4 gig set. Now whenever the phone rings or whenever someone in my house makes a call, I lose the wireless connection for a couple of seconds and then it comes back. I have tested this a few times to make sure that this was not a coincidence.

I convinced my wife that we needed the DECT 6.0 set and spent some money on it and now she's mad whenever she's on Skype with her family and the phone rings she gets cut off. Guess who gets to bear the brunt of her displeasure.

Is there something in the phone setup or Airport Express setup that I should do to prevent this? Or is the claim of DECT 6.0 not interfering with wireless just another empty claim to sell newer phones?

Cheers

I'm not having this problem with my DECT 6.0 Panasonic system. Though I'll monitor to see if I can see "any" issues.