Apple dropping the price by $200 again just weeks later?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anybody believe Apple is going to drop the price by $200 just 7 weeks later like they did with the first iPhone?

If I could travel back in time then I would have waited to save money. Atleast I got $100 back and used it towards Leopard.

What do you guys think the opening price will be?

I'm guessing $600 again, but $500 I would consider "fair", and $400 would be a "deal".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

Anybody believe Apple is going to drop the price by $200 just 7 weeks later like they did with the first iPhone?

If I could travel back in time then I would have waited to save money. Atleast I got $100 back and used it towards Leopard.

What do you guys think the opening price will be?

I'm guessing $600 again, but $500 I would consider "fair", and $400 would be a "deal".

Actually, it was almost ten weeks before the price drop... still a sting nonetheless.

I would think this time around they will try and stick pretty close to the $399/$499 spot. There are rumors of rebates or subsidies as well; however, I'm not so sure how much substance these predictions really have.

Either way, we'll know all in just a a short time now.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I would guess it will be around the $400 mark. Just a guess.

---><---
  • Reply 3 of 3
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    To answer your first question ?

I don't think Apple will be dropping the price a few months later like they did last year. Especially because this time around there could be extra subsidies, etc.