Upcoming Mac games for 2008?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I always see these large list of games in the gamespot forums about upcoming titles for X platform, which got me thinking, what upcoming titles do we Mac gamers have to look forward to?

Off the top of my head the most notable titles would be Spore and COD4.

Please don't list Windows games, I'm just curious about games that run in OS X.

I don't think this list will be long, try to surprise me

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    *tumbleweed whistles past*

Mac gaming has no future. It never got going and since PC gaming is dying, it will die out eventually too.

I mean c'mon:

http://uk.gamespot.com/mac/action/gearsofwar/index.html

Gears of War 1 release date to be arranged. It's just pathetic. By the time it comes out, the Xbox version will be under £20. Preowned it already is that cheap.

We finally got Quake Wars:

http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/78

but who even cares any more when it takes so much longer to come out than other platforms?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    As usual, Blizzard's games are the only ones that will be real successes on the Mac since

- they aren't late, slow-running ports

- do not run through a Windows emulation layer

- have lower-than-standard HW requirements the Macs' anemic graphics chips will tolerate, and

- ship on hybrid discs so there won't be availability problems or insane pricing.

So, Wrath of the Lich King. Starcraft 2, if a miracle happened and it came out in 2008.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

As usual, Blizzard's games are the only ones that will be real successes on the Mac since

- they aren't late, slow-running ports

- do not run through a Windows emulation layer

- have lower-than-standard HW requirements the Macs' anemic graphics chips will tolerate, and

- ship on hybrid discs so there won't be availability problems or insane pricing.

So, Wrath of the Lich King. Starcraft 2, if a miracle happened and it came out in 2008.

Yea Blizzard is definitely a shining example of how to achieve success on the OS X platform. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with those points you listed, it's exactly why Blizzard is doing so well in the mac gaming community. I know Blizzard gathers hardware/OS statistics, I'd be really curious to see how many are on Macs, can't tell by disc sales since they are hybrid disc.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ironcell View Post

I always see these large list of games in the gamespot forums about upcoming titles for X platform, which got me thinking, what upcoming titles do we Mac gamers have to look forward to?

Off the top of my head the most notable titles would be Spore and COD4.

Please don't list Windows games, I'm just curious about games that run in OS X.

I don't think this list will be long, try to surprise me

Forget about Mac games. Think iPhone games.