ipod classic update?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was just curious as to what some of you thought the ipod classic update would be. right now it's 40 days past it's average update time.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 10
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by singinscout View Post


    I was just curious as to what some of you thought the ipod classic update would be. right now it's 40 days past it's average update time.



    If anything I'd expect for it to be discontinued in the next year.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post


    If anything I'd expect for it to be discontinued in the next year.



    Really?



    What about the not so small in numbers that want a large capacity media player for ALL their tunes?

    We don't all want to be browsing the web on the move
  • Reply 3 of 10
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Those 1.8" drives should be up to 120GB per platter by 2009. So the next time it gets updated should be to 120GB and 240GB models.



    But not until next year.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 31,417member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bclapper View Post


    We don't all want to be browsing the web on the move



    If Steve says you will enjoy mobile downloads, you will enjoy mobile downloads!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Until the touch can equal the classic's capacity they wont discontinue the classic. What i'd love is a HD touch, or just bump up screen size.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by singinscout View Post


    Until the touch can equal the classic's capacity they wont discontinue the classic. What i'd love is a HD touch, or just bump up screen size.



    what do yo mean by that? so far the classic in all its former guises has been a moving target.



    IMO once the touch has a capacity of 30/40 gigs for the same price as classic then you could likely see the transition. that hasn't happen quite yet.



    but with flash sizes doubling as opposed to HDD sizes adding 20GBs or so per ipod (classic generation) it cant be that far away.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post


    but with flash sizes doubling as opposed to HDD sizes adding 20GBs or so per ipod (classic generation) it cant be that far away.



    Largest iPod Video 80GB vs 160GB for it's successor, the iPod Classic



    A bit better than 20GBs or so
  • Reply 8 of 10
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 529member
    Same time as Apple's updated the iPods for the past 2 years
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bclapper View Post


    Largest iPod Video 80GB vs 160GB for it's successor, the iPod Classic



    A bit better than 20GBs or so



    the cheapest iPod (pre) Classic went from 60GB to 80GB, I was pretty sure of that?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    joedrcjoedrc Posts: 86member
    I love my iPod Touch, but £200 for 8gb was a stretch when i first bought it back in december.

    Saying that I'll probably buy the new iPhone when it comes out.



    I did however toy with the idea of replacing it with an 80gb classic due to it having a nice casing and being cheap as chips! Apple are onto a winner with the classic i think and can only really improve by increasing the capacity :]
Sign In or Register to comment.