Which accessories work with iPhone 3G?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am going to get the new iPhone 3G as soon as it comes out which sounds like it'll be July 11th. I haven't decided yet if I'll order online or go to an AT&T or Apple store. Does anyone know when the online store is going to start taking pre-orders or will it just become available at a certain time on July 11th? Maybe 6PM like last time?

Anyway, what I'm wondering about is accessories. Currently I had bought one of the special headphone adapters for the iPhone and it appears those won't be needed with the new 3G. Is that true?

To continue, I may look at getting another screen protector for the new 3G but I know I can't reuse the one I have but my main question is about 3 accessories, the iPhone Case (I currently use a product by iQase), a Griffin iTrip Charger/FM Transmitter I have for the car, and the AC Charger. I'm sure the AC Charger will still work and I have a feeling the Griffin iTrip will still charge it in the car. My Griffin iTrip has never allowed the iPhone to work with my car stereo. Only my iPod 5G has worked with it. Could this change with the 3G? Also, as for the case, will a new case be needed for the new iPhone 3G since it's slimmer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I would assume that you stuff will work as it always has. The new iPhone is a tad fatter with what looks like more rounding in the back. I don't think my incase will fit right. Try it out on the store model and see.