Question with "In-Store" Activation

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My girlfriend wanted to buy a new iphone for her birthday since she is turning 18, i however am 20 and have my credit established pretty well, which is why when i was 19 i out the iphone in my name and not my parents and was able to do everything on my own

but now that they are requiring you to activate the phone in-store (although I am hearing if you purchase it at an Apple store and not an AT&T store, they will make you sign a contract that you will activate it within 30 days or penalties will occur then the phone can be taken home to activate)

anywho, since she doesnt have her credit established, will she need a person like her dad to activate the phone or is it possible to do some sort of activation on her own then bring it home and choose her plans with her dad there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    How much is the penalty? Could one purchase, sign contract and then cancel? I understand there are laws being considered against unreasonable penalties for early termination, but they've not yet been signed into law.