Mms

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Does anyone think that with 3G, the iphone will be able to deliver MMS, one thing I miss about the iphone is not being able to text picture messages..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    It won't do as delivered by Apple and unless the carrier supports it for the iPhone then I don't think a 3rd party app will help either.

They are not very popular anyway to be honest.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    welshwizwelshwiz Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parky View Post

It won't do as delivered by Apple and unless the carrier supports it for the iPhone then I don't think a 3rd party app will help either.

They are not very popular anyway to be honest.

In Europe they are, saw some data, where Western Europe sends far more picture messages than any other region in the world !
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Anybody know off hand what the site is that you go to in order to receive your picture msgs? I've had several people send pics to me although I never even get a notice that one has been sent to me. Its as if it was never sent from their phone.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    thttht Posts: 5,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post

Does anyone think that with 3G, the iphone will be able to deliver MMS, one thing I miss about the iphone is not being able to text picture messages..

The EDGE iPhone could have done MMS let alone the 3G version. Apple simply is choosing not to deliver the functionality. In that light, I think SMS was done only begrudgingly. Considering they spent WWDC talking about push this and push that (ActiveSync in iPhone, MobileMe is all push, and Snow Leopard will have Exchange compatibility built in), they are simply waiting for all cell phones to be capable of reading or displaying email attachments. I can even see them dropping SMS in a year or two.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    welshwizwelshwiz Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

Anybody know off hand what the site is that you go to in order to receive your picture msgs? I've had several people send pics to me although I never even get a notice that one has been sent to me. Its as if it was never sent from their phone.

I'm with O2 and when I'm sent a picture message I get an O2 txt telling to go to their web site .. I'm given a password ...where I download the picture