Switching Sim Card. And gps?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have a rogers contract here in Canada \\m/

I was wondering, when the iPhone comes out, will i be able to buy it without a contract, then just put my rogers sim card in the phone?

I know i'd have to pay for data shit, but i wouldn't use data, i'd just use my wi-fi.

I was also wondering, does the gps utilize the data plan? or does it connect via satellites and not utilize the 3g internet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

I have a rogers contract here in Canada \\m/

I was wondering, when the iPhone comes out, will i be able to buy it without a contract, then just put my rogers sim card in the phone?

I don't see why not. Just throwing in your SIM card should be fine, however, I don't know if you will be able to buy the phone without a contract. We probably will be able to, but I'm sure it will not $199. More likely at least $399 without a contract.

Quote:

I know i'd have to pay for data shit, but i wouldn't use data, i'd just use my wi-fi.

How does that work? Do you mean you can use your wireless router at home to surf the net on the iPhone? If that is the case, what is the point - you may as well surf the net on your pc. Enlighten me please. I also live in the GTA.

Quote:

I was also wondering, does the gps utilize the data plan? or does it connect via satellites and not utilize the 3g internet?

No idea how this works...