MacBook Pro Case lifting up. Battery problem. Apple care.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My previous gen (before the current gen) macbook pro, has a slight problem. in the front, just above the cd/dvd drive, the grey plastic trimming and the aluminum seems to be lifting.

Would this be a good reason to send it back to apple to fix it? It isn't a MAJOR problem, but it is a 2400 dollar laptop, and i love it and want it to be pretty.

Also, i no longer get a warning when the battery is going to die, and sometimes, when the battery isn't even in the red, it shuts of. It's pretty annoying when i'm doing something and then all of a sudden without warning my computer shuts off.

Battery stats:

health 92%

cycles 108

If the battery is defective and my warranty isn't over yet i can contact apple and get a replacement right?

And finally. I got my computer with the year warranty. Is it possible to extend my warranty before my current warranty is finished?

Thanks, Richard.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    chromoschromos Posts: 191member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

My previous gen (before the current gen) macbook pro, has a slight problem. in the front, just above the cd/dvd drive, the grey plastic trimming and the aluminum seems to be lifting.

Would this be a good reason to send it back to apple to fix it? It isn't a MAJOR problem, but it is a 2400 dollar laptop, and i love it and want it to be pretty.

Also, i no longer get a warning when the battery is going to die, and sometimes, when the battery isn't even in the red, it shuts of. It's pretty annoying when i'm doing something and then all of a sudden without warning my computer shuts off.

Battery stats:

health 92%

cycles 108

If the battery is defective and my warranty isn't over yet i can contact apple and get a replacement right?

And finally. I got my computer with the year warranty. Is it possible to extend my warranty before my current warranty is finished?

Thanks, Richard.

Hmm, I can't advise you on the case lifting, as I don't know if they'd consider that wear and tear. But as for your battery, I can bet you dollars to donuts that your battery is going to go downhill pretty fast, as mine did that recently.

First it was shutting off at 80% charge, then 50%, then 40%, then it would shut off if it was unplugged for as little as 20 sec, so if I wanted to move around the house I had to unplug, run, then plug back in. Then the battery started swelling up so that the entire MBP rocked when I used it.

One call to Apple repair and they shipped out a new one immediately. I bought the MBP in Nov 2006, but I always purchase AppleCare. It is so worth it, esp. for laptops. You can activate AppleCare anytime during the first year of warranty. Shop around online for the best price... you can find prices around US$275 I think.

Good luck.