The best way to sell a Domain Name

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've had a few bites on a Domain Name I bought a few years back.

It's no Me.com, but I think it's in a sector that's up and coming, given the general direction of the business world.

How's the best way to proceed here? The interested parties have typically asked me to name a price, but I'm worried I'll either low-ball it or price myself out of a deal.

I've tried to find a review of Domain Name Appraisers, but Google isn't my friend right now.

Anybody know a good strategy to ensure I'm getting the most out of this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I've had a few bites on a Domain Name I bought a few years back.

It's no Me.com, but I think it's in a sector that's up and coming, given the general direction of the business world.

How's the best way to proceed here? The interested parties have typically asked me to name a price, but I'm worried I'll either low-ball it or price myself out of a deal.

I've tried to find a review of Domain Name Appraisers, but Google isn't my friend right now.

Anybody know a good strategy to ensure I'm getting the most out of this?

GoDaddy and Network Solutions are very reputable companies that offer a variety of domain sales and appraising services. Afternic is a site that is dedicated to domain listings and sales. Check it out. Also, keep in mind that the #1 indicator for price is how many monthly hits you get. If you haven't already, you may put something up on the site that will get picked up by search engines, and also place ads on the site so you can make a little money in the meantime.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    What's the name?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    thinksecret.com

• Reply 4 of 4
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

GoDaddy and Network Solutions are very reputable companies that offer a variety of domain sales and appraising services. Afternic is a site that is dedicated to domain listings and sales. Check it out. Also, keep in mind that the #1 indicator for price is how many monthly hits you get. If you haven't already, you may put something up on the site that will get picked up by search engines, and also place ads on the site so you can make a little money in the meantime.

Thanks ic. The domain's been parked for a long time and I'm going to see what it brings in hits and ads before parting with it.

And no sandau, it's not Nick's domain. I imagine Apple may have put restrictions on what he could do with that one!