When will u be able to instant message on touch?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When will yahoo messenger become available for the ipod touch? Any guesses? I love that the ipod touch can surf the web thru wifi...BUT...I am REALLY looking forward to being able to chat online using yahoo messenger.

Do you think that the upcoming software update will include some sort of online messaging ability?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Have you sent an email to Yahoo asking them? With regard to messaging, didn't you see the AIM demo at the SDK roadmap keynote?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    There will be IM clients, and they will be free from the App store. However, Apple has said that they will not be allowed to use the cellular network. Wi-Fi only for IM.

Although- you can use the web-based IM client Meebo right now.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

And eBuddy as well.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

There will be IM clients, and they will be free from the App store. However, Apple has said that they will not be allowed to use the cellular network. Wi-Fi only for IM.

You can also jailbreak it, I use my touch to IM without using a web client right now. There are a couple decent clients already, at least 2 easily available by default from Installer.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seek3r View Post

You can also jailbreak it, I use my touch to IM without using a web client right now. There are a couple decent clients already, at least 2 easily available by default from Installer.

Of course. Though I hear jailbreaking is going to be a lot harder on the next version. Of course, they've said that about every update so far.