OS X and Blackberry Questions

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all,

I'm new to this site so go easy on me. This may need to be in the apps forums but I thought I'd start here. . .

First, I'm a pccentric sorta guy with a daughter that recently purchased a MacBook and a Blackberry device. Did I tell you she's 1200 miles away, in the US NAVY? This is her first foray into the Mac world and I'm at an (almost) total loss in helping her.

Anyway, she's trying to connect her Mac to the BB device to allow Internet connectivity. She has an install disk from T-mobile to install (drivers??) onto the Mac. When she inserts it into the drive, she gets a single icon, "Blackberry User Tools" and nothing else. She can't click on it or do anything else with it. The T-mobile 'assistant' told her that it would 'autorun', which it didn't/doesn't. She had one of her mates use that disk on a pc based machine and it 'autoran' fine.

Anyway, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, from her, and her proud dad! (She just graduated basic training!!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avramg View Post

Hi all,

I'm new to this site so go easy on me. This may need to be in the apps forums but I thought I'd start here. . .

First, I'm a pccentric sorta guy with a daughter that recently purchased a MacBook and a Blackberry device. Did I tell you she's 1200 miles away, in the US NAVY? This is her first foray into the Mac world and I'm at an (almost) total loss in helping her.

Anyway, she's trying to connect her Mac to the BB device to allow Internet connectivity. She has an install disk from T-mobile to install (drivers??) onto the Mac. When she inserts it into the drive, she gets a single icon, "Blackberry User Tools" and nothing else. She can't click on it or do anything else with it. The T-mobile 'assistant' told her that it would 'autorun', which it didn't/doesn't. She had one of her mates use that disk on a pc based machine and it 'autoran' fine.

Anyway, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, from her, and her proud dad! (She just graduated basic training!!)

The cd won't work. I have the BB Curve and I use Parallels (Virtual XP machine) to load the BB software. But if all you want to do is use the BB as a modem you could just try these steps:

http://perishablepress.com/press/200...modem-for-mac/