Ipod update in Sept??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
does anyone think any changes will be made to the ipod line in sept? perhaps a ipod classic 6.5? i want a 160GB but dont want a 200GB to come out in 2 months?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Last September, the capacities on the iPod Classic were bumped from 30 / 80 GB to 80 / 160 GB. I would bet on the same sort of thing happening this year (maybe not a doubling, but a significant increase). This is, of course, supposing that the Classic is not discontinued (which I think would only happen if the the capacity on the Touch were to hit 100+ GB). If you can wait a few months, then wait.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    How do you think the 3G iPhone low price will affect iTouch sales?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bp201 View Post

does anyone think any changes will be made to the ipod line in sept? perhaps a ipod classic 6.5? i want a 160GB but dont want a 200GB to come out in 2 months?

There will always be a newer model on the brink of release. If you keep waiting for it, you'll never have one.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

The iPod touch is still the cheaper option for those who don't want to pay £35per month (£630 over 18 months). Dropping the iPod touch price would necessitate a price drop on the other iPod lines which is untenable for Apple as they aren't assured of making their money back through a subscription.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

As long as there are multiyear contracts there will be buyers for the Touch.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sactoman01sactoman01 Posts: 209member
    I have to wonder the following:

1) Will the 3G nano be replaced by a new model of almost the same size but with a touchscreen interface?

2) Will the classic be replaced by a new model with a touchscreen interface and either 100 or 200 GB hard drives?

3) Will we see a touch replacement with either 32 or 64 GB of flash memory?

I personally think Apple may not replace the 3G nano, but will redesign the innards so it could accommodate more flash memory and also lower production costs. The result is a new model range that looks like this:

8 GB -- now in up to ten different color cases, now at US$149

16 BB -- black and Product Red case only, priced at US$199.