HDMI output (both audio & video) PCI/PCI-e card for 8-core Mac Pro ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What is the best PCI/PCI-e card for the new 8-core Mac Pro, which allows routing of both the Video and Audio output to be routed thru 1 HDMI cable ?

I've seen the Intensity Pro from Black Magic

Is there another card better suited for outputting audio+video via 1 HDMI cable on a new 8-core Mac Pro ?

Thanks in adavance for any responses, or any links to appropriate forums.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bormanborman Posts: 1member
    Intensity Pro is a capture card, it wont output your Macs output through HDMI. You can use HDMI-in (non HDCP, 480i (Or PAL, 525i?), 720p, 1080i only) and then display that through the HDMI out in addition to on the Macs screen (essentially, a passthrough). Same with component, composite, and svideo, you put it into the card, then you can also pass it out. I use the Intensity Pro to capture gaming footage for my website (ptoponline.com), in HD.

Im not sure if there is a Mac compatible PCI/e card that will allow you to pass the desktop or similar out through HDMI.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    bxbwbkbxbwbk Posts: 8member
    I understand now, a video signal must be incoming for the intensity pro to cue.

And even if I feed it a black signal, to fool it into cueing, the output is not inclusive of whatever window happens to be maximized.

D@mn.

There must be a consumer level product designed for routing the Mac's video/Audio thru 1 HDMI cable ?

Right ?

If not, all you marketing/engineer people here GET ON YOUR J.O. !!!!

There's a market coming !
  • Reply 3 of 7
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bxbwbk View Post

I understand now, a video signal must be incoming for the intensity pro to cue.

And even if I feed it a black signal, to fool it into cueing, the output is not inclusive of whatever window happens to be maximized.

D@mn.

There must be a consumer level product designed for routing the Mac's video/Audio thru 1 HDMI cable ?

Right ?

If not, all you marketing/engineer people here GET ON YOUR J.O. !!!!

There's a market coming !

Not a card:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R8MBV6?...0&linkCode=asn
  • Reply 4 of 7
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    The HD 2600XT + this adapter really should do it. For $7 it's worth a shot. If not, then you'll have to find another way to get the audio out.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Perfect.

Thanks for these 2 options ^ ^^

Are there any more that would work with the GeForce 8800GT ?

Even others that would work with the ATI cards ?

Thanks everyone.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

The HD 2600XT + this adapter really should do it. For $7 it's worth a shot. If not, then you'll have to find another way to get the audio out.

Is there an internal connection I have to make for the audio to route thru the 2600XT ? Or maybe a driver ?

The video comes thru beautifully, but no audio yet on multiple LCD HDTV's.

System preferences>>sound gives me no option to route thru HDMI, on port 1 or port 2.

There's something obvious I'm missing, as ATI's website clearly states 5.1audio support for the HD2600 series and this DVI-HDMI adapter...

I'd be happy with stereo...

I've also heard the 8800GT is able to internally re-route the SPDIF for HDMI audio support...has anyone had any success doing this ?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bxbwbk View Post

Is there an internal connection I have to make for the audio to route thru the 2600XT ? Or maybe a driver ?

The video comes thru beautifully, but no audio yet on multiple LCD HDTV's.

System preferences>>sound gives me no option to route thru HDMI, on port 1 or port 2.

There's something obvious I'm missing, as ATI's website clearly states 5.1audio support for the HD2600 series and this DVI-HDMI adapter...

I'd be happy with stereo...

I've also heard the 8800GT is able to internally re-route the SPDIF for HDMI audio support...has anyone had any success doing this ?

I'm afraid there probably isn't. Can you run the video and audio separately to a stereo receiver with HDMI ports? And then one cable from the receiver to the TV. Not sure if that would work.