G5 powermacs and the new cube

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here comes the G4 1ghz+ / G5 (if we are lucky). I say that because this is the first time in apples history that an top-of-the-line iMac has a better spec than a low end g4 powermac. Which means that there will be some new spec g4/g5 powermacs coming soon. Rumours about G5 have been about for years and offical g5 test results has been published. So I think it not so unlikely that we might see some g5 this summer. But maybe apple have some mhz improvements on the g4 say 1.4Ghz instead and want to get rid of there current g4 powermac stock. But whatever happens expect new powermacs in the summer.

What do you think about the new cube! I mean come on its got a LCD display,g4,geforce2mx graphics card, pro speakers and you can have a superdrive!

The new iMacs are what the cube should have been when apple realsed them! If apple had just reduced the price to something reasonable with an LCD screen and got rid of the iMacs we could have we been using these "iMacs" a year a go!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    New PowerMacs are coming soon, but they don't have to come as soon as all that.

Apple's going to sell enough of the iLamp that it'll be OK to cannabalize PowerMac sales for a couple of months.

Having said that, I expect that the new PowerMacs will be nice when they get here, as the iMac is much better than I had expected.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    1st G5 in the Cube2 as "25th Anniversary Edition" = Steve's revenge!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Nah, won't be a cube.

• Reply 4 of 6
    if they put a superdrive in the cube they would have to redesign it or make a superdrive that doesn't slow down when its tilted like that

steve jobs said in the keynote that the superdrive would slow down if they put it on its side
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by howyoudoin:

<strong>if they put a superdrive in the cube they would have to redesign it or make a superdrive that doesn't slow down when its tilted like that

steve jobs said in the keynote that the superdrive would slow down if they put it on its side</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well for the SuperDrive to go into a re-released Cube it would need to be a slot loader anyway. I say go for it Apple - BRING BACK THE BEST COMPUTER EVER DESIGNED - THE CUBE!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    Ya.. I would have bought a cube if it came *with* a monitor...

but alas...

it was already too expensive...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

-----------------------------