iPhone calling and hanging up while talking

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So my wife's iPhone keeps hanging up, calling other numbers and other odd stuff while she is talking on the phone. She's had it replaced at least twice. She's getting mad at me now because I don't know what's wrong with it, which I should because I read so many Apple related web sites.

What's up with her iPhone? I watch her use it and the phone blinks off when she brings it to her ear. Minutes into a conversation it will hang up or dial another number. It seems that the touch screen is still active even though it should be disabled.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Sorry mate, I'm not an Apple Genius. Maybe later this year. ...I is no genius yet. I just like post lots of rubbish on these here forums.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

What's up with her iPhone? I watch her use it and the phone blinks off when she brings it to her ear. Minutes into a conversation it will hang up or dial another number. It seems that the touch screen is still active even though it should be disabled.

You should tell her that since it uses a proximity sensor, the only possible explanation is that there is a hole extending from one ear to the other and the light is getting through. That should calm her down a bit.

Of course since the explanation is a bit technical, it'll probably just go in one ear and out the other.

Does it have one of those screen protection covers on it? That could interfere with the sensor.

The new model should help though so when it comes out, getting the upgrade might be a good idea:

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/12/...ximity-sensor/