Finder can't find.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I do a search for some files that I know are on my computer, finder can't find them. I recently bought a new computer and transfered all of my data from the old computer to my new one. These are the files finder can't find.

I don't remember exactly how I transfered the data, but it automatically created a new user and transfered all my applications in the process (if that tid-bit helps).

Anyone have experience with this? I'd certainly appreciate some help on this one. Thanks.

2 x 2.8 Quad-core Intel Xeon

2gig ram

OSX 10.5.3

Old computer:

single 1.8 tower

Tiger (not sure which version)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    It maybe didn't index the files properly. If you open system prefs and go to Spotlight > privacy. Drag your drive into the panel. This will get rid of the Spotlight database on the drive. Remove it from the panel and Spotlight should reindex your drive - you'll need to wait until it's finished before searching.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It maybe didn't index the files properly. If you open system prefs and go to Spotlight > privacy. Drag your drive into the panel. This will get rid of the Spotlight database on the drive. Remove it from the panel and Spotlight should reindex your drive - you'll need to wait until it's finished before searching.

It worked!

Thank you very much!