Apple Stock getting hammered today

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Last I checked it was down $8. Strange since I just read today that Apple upped its iPhone orders to

15 million. Did President Bush bomb every muslim holy site today?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

Last I checked it was down $8. Strange since I just read today that Apple upped its iPhone orders to

15 million. Did President Bush bomb every muslim holy site today?

I think Obama visited every m. site today.

Very weird indeed...
  • Reply 2 of 14
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    The broader market is in the gutter today. More Citibank problems, more GM and other large corporate problems... nothing to do with Apple, but you know how irrational people are about trends and markets.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Apple don't make money on future events. Currently, their iphone supplies are drying up, their hardware models are overdue a refresh thanks to delays to Montevina. So few Mac sales + few iphone sales = market slump. This makes it a good time to buy shares. If the stock never went down, nobody would bother buying.

Isn't it better to have stock that fluctuates than staying practically unchanged? Buy low, sell high that's how profit is made, not buying at $250 per share and hoping it stays there.

In 4 weeks time, the 3G iphone launch and new Montevina products will likely take the stock back up.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Damn, down $9.13! I bought my Apple stock @ $50 but it still hurts when I see stuff like that.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    everything got hammered today!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    It's hammer time!
  • Reply 7 of 14
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

nothing to do with Apple, but you know how irrational people are about trends and markets.

At the moment, the opportunity cost for not investing in oil commodities is very high. This is why stocks are down. Yes, the "oil bubble" will pop sooner or later.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

At the moment, the opportunity cost for not investing in oil commodities is very high. This is why stocks are down. Yes, the "oil bubble" will pop sooner or later.

I've recently heard that once the current crises fade away, prices would likely fall to their pre-stratospheric rise along the same historical curve prior. I tend to believe that.

It's very interesting how there seems to be a series of bubble trends happening recently. I'd sure like to be able to analyze the patterns of the largest investors in each of these bubbles. They may well be causing the massive swings in each market.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I'm so glad I shorted APPL.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    I saw a video clip recently that mentioned that since the beginning of the war, the Fed has created

4 trillion dollars out of thin air. The dollar is worth about 2¢ currently. I've got two-ply toilet paper

that's worth more.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

I saw a video clip recently that mentioned that since the beginning of the war, the Fed has created

4 trillion dollars out of thin air. The dollar is worth about 2¢ currently. I've got two-ply toilet paper

that's worth more.

You're talking my language, mello.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spamsandwich View Post

you're talking my language, mello.

rp4life!!!
  • Reply 13 of 14
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:

Damn, down $9.13! I bought my Apple stock @ $50 but it still hurts when I see stuff like that.

It was down to $130 or so earlier in the year before it built itself back up. Stock prices fluctuate. I wouldn't get worried unless Apple does something really stupid.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    I'm not frightened of the drops. I've been extended since my disgraceful pay for around $20 pre-split. Only wish I'd have had real money back then.