Upgrading to iPhone for Existing AT&T Customers

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So, I'm on a family plan, and when I go to my account online, it says my number is currently not eligible for an online upgrade (is it eligible for an in-store one?), but another line on the account is. Would it be possible to purchase the new iPhone 3G on the eligible line and transfer numbers somehow? I'd really like to find a way to save the $200 price differential. It says I'll be eligible for an upgrade in September, but I really don't want to wait that long.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    slevdogslevdog Posts: 1member
    When I was in an AT&T store the other day complaining that my Blackberry Pearl was broken and trying to make them give me a new one after the one year warranty but before my two years are up, the guy said that if another line on my account is eligible for an upgrade I can use that one. So according to this guy, the answer is yes. And given that you could just swap SIM cards anyway, you can whether or not they say that you can.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    timmi999timmi999 Posts: 2member
    I bought mine six months ago and find it really really hard to believe that it doesn't....

I lost txt features (from a Verizon Moto815) like picture text, vid text. forward text, send at ???EST text, reply w./ copy text..... can you spell "go to viewmymessage.com"? that's completely ridiculous! My niece's Chocalate kicks ass better than my iPhone. Plz tell me "no". yep!

Why no vid cam? why no zoom? why no txt this picture to peeps? group contacts/distribution lists... Why you're doing that, how about a standard right click menu feature with out-of-the box, "mac inspired" menu's (read: figures it out for me, before I ask).

Love the magnifying glass!!!

why no cut-n-paste from any app to any app?

plz don't make me go back to Verizon for basic multimedia, eh.

Richie Rich Cary, NC
  • Reply 3 of 5
    timmi999timmi999 Posts: 2member
    I bought mine six months ago and find it really really hard to believe that it doesn't....

I lost txt features (from a Verizon Moto815) like picture text, vid text. forward text, send at ???EST text, reply w./ copy text..... can you spell "go to viewmymessage.com"? that's completely ridiculous! My niece's Chocalate kicks ass better than my iPhone. Plz tell me "no". yep!

Why no vid cam? why no zoom? why no txt this picture to peeps? group contacts/distribution lists... Why you're doing that, how about a standard right click menu feature with out-of-the box, "mac inspired" menu's (read: figures it out for me, before I ask).

Love the magnifying glass!!!

why no cut-n-paste from any app to any app?

plz don't make me go back to Verizon for basic multimedia, eh.

Can u spell ZiPhone?

Richie Rich Cary, NC
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slevdog View Post

When I was in an AT&T store the other day complaining that my Blackberry Pearl was broken and trying to make them give me a new one after the one year warranty but before my two years are up, the guy said that if another line on my account is eligible for an upgrade I can use that one. So according to this guy, the answer is yes. And given that you could just swap SIM cards anyway, you can whether or not they say that you can.

But can I put a SIM from a non-iPhone into the iPhone 3G? Also, so say I use my brothers line to buy the new iPhone. Won't activating that take his number and put it on the iPhone before I switch the SIM cards? Will there be any complications with that?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slevdog View Post

How do I swap SIM cards on the iPhone, and how do I prevent it from messing up the number from the account I'm taking it from?