CD eject doesn't work on 10.1.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a dual usb iBook and ever since I've installed 10.1.5 I haven't been able to get the cd to eject. Is anyone else having the same problem? Does anyone know how I can solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I don't have an iBook, I have an iMac, but no I haven't had these problems. I jsut had to tell someone that in 10.1.5 there is now a cool little CD eject thing that appears on the screen when you press the key! Yippee!

Sorry I can't be of more help - just thought I would let you know that I have had no such problems.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I've got an iBook and I haven't had any problems.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    "I haven't had these problems. I jsut had to tell someone that in 10.1.5 there is now a cool little CD eject thing that appears on the screen when you press the key! Yippee!"

Cool!

I can't believe I didn't notice that.... but I have had intermitant problems ejecting using the keyboard since 10.1.5. It still works when I press the button on the front of the drive and that seems to reset it to work properly again. Then all of a sudden nothing? (PM G4)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    I noticed that whereas before the eject key would open the internal and external firewire CD-RW drives, now with 10.1.5, it only opens the internal drive. But that's fine with me.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>I noticed that whereas before the eject key would open the internal and external firewire CD-RW drives, now with 10.1.5, it only opens the internal drive. But that's fine with me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just noticed that too, it won't open my Firewire burner. No big deal though.