Need to reinstall iTunes. Some questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am using a PC (sorry) and have been having little issues with iTunes, like it splitting artist's albums up into different entries on my iPod, whacking the last seconds off the last song of an album, not opening when I click the iTunes icon. Now I am getting the following warning when I do get it to open...

""The registry settings used by iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes."

The problem is that I am also getting a warning from my burning program (Easy CD/DVD Creator 6) that no supported burners are available and at the moment (even though the burner reads discs fine) and I haven't been able to resolve that yet. Consequently, I have no backup to disc capabilities.

I did copy the folder My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music to another location, but I'm apprehensive about uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes without a proper backup via iTunes Backup method.

Is it possible to wipe iTunes out and reinstall, and get a functioning library back if all I have is my iPod as an external source for my music?

Thanks!