O2 online upgrades start today

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
o2 have sms'd all iphone customers to let them know that you can order your upgrade from 8am today (store not yet live though) for delivery on friday!

Just go to http://upgrades.o2.co.uk

From the website

Existing iPhone customers can upgrade early to the new iPhone 3G for free*

To thank you for being an iPhone fan, we're offering you an early upgrade to iPhone 3G. You don't have to wait until the end of your existing contract, all you'll need to do is agree to a new 18-month minimum term contract.

*Best of all, the new iPhone 3G 8GB won't cost you a penny on our £45 and £75 Pay Monthly tariffs for iPhone. And it's just £99 on our £35 tariff and new £30 tariff. If you'd prefer the 16GB version, it's free on our £75 tariff. Then you'll pay just £59 with the £45 tariff and £159 on our £30 and £35 tariffs.

This special early upgrade offer is only available until 11th October 2008.

Be one of the first to get an iPhone 3G

The iPhone 3G is now available for upgrade online. Demand is expected to be very high and orders will be delivered on a first come first served basis. We'll deliver as many orders as possible on 11th July and then delivery may take up to 2 weeks. We'll send you an SMS the day before delivery to let you know it's on the way.

To upgrade you'll need your account number which you can find on your online bill. You will also need a credit or debit card if the cost of your upgrade is more than £100.

Before Activating

Once you've got your new iPhone 3G, you'll need to connect to iTunes to activate it.

1. Check your voicemail

Before you activate your iPhone 3G, make sure you listen to your current voicemails. If you're an existing O2 customer, activation will delete your existing voicemails. If you're transferring an existing number from another network operator, existing voicemails will not be transferred.

2. Transfer your contacts, music and photos

Before you activate, migrate your existing mobile contacts onto Outlook, Outlook Express on the PC, or Address Book or Entourage on the Mac.

To activate your iPhone 3G

Insert your current SIM card into your iPhone 3G using the SIM ejector tool found in your iPhone 3G box.

Connect your iPhone 3G to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac or PC (not on the keyboard) using the cable included in the box. iTunes opens automatically.

Follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes to activate iPhone 3G and sync your contacts, calendars, music, photos, podcasts, videos, email accounts, and web bookmarks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    As expected, the website is in a state of flux due to so many people trying to upgrade.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    Its really good of Apple to give free upgrades to some people. I dont think you would even see anyone else doing that.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Its really good of Apple to give free upgrades to some people. I dont think you would even see anyone else doing that.

It's not Apple giving free upgrades, it's O2.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

It's not Apple giving free upgrades, it's O2.

And it's still not working :'(
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Well done to o2, the site went live at 8.15 and failed to work and eventually at 9.36 they took it offline.

Plus I also discovered that when i recently upgraded my calling plan to the £45 option they stuck me on the wrong tariff and not an iPhone tariff. AAAARGH !

I called Cust svcs and they sorted it out but advised me that the upgrade system would reject my upgrade till the correct plan was reflected on their systems (could take up to 24 hours)

MUTHA FU........
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Does their upgrade stock come out of the same batch as new customer stock? I hope they have some reserves or there'll be no way we'll get one on launch
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Sites back up now
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Sites back up now

It isn't working properly... spinning dots of injustice... then a different page with each attempt. What's happening?!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stuart Kirby View Post

It isn't working properly... spinning dots of injustice... then a different page with each attempt. What's happening?!

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reference #7.93e70cc3.1215426808.0
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Well thats that then, no more stock for online upgrades. Site says to check back on the 10th of July.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Yeah right and like they'll have stock then! Tell you what we'll send a text to everyone at 8am telling them they can get a free upgrade. I'm sure our lack of testing and loading of the servers will be fine!

Muppets