Best Torrent Client for OSX?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know what the best Torrent Client is for OSX? I'm using Azureus/Vuze 3.x because that's what I've always used. Any better ideas or is that my best option? Also, anyone know how to tweak it to: Increase speed & stop torrents from resetting my iNet connection on my Router?

iMac 17" 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2.5GB DDR2 / 160 GB HDD

OSX 10.5.4 Leopard

D-Link DIR-655 Wireless N + Gigabit Ethernet. I'm using a wired connection for my 2 iMac's and main PC. The WiFi-N is only being used occasionally on my HP Laptop.

Freud

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I use Transmission. It's a lot nicer than Azureus, if you don't need fine-grained configuration. Transmission is a good Mac citizen and supports Growl, too.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fletch33fletch33 Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

I use Transmission. It's a lot nicer than Azureus, if you don't need fine-grained configuration. Transmission is a good Mac citizen and supports Growl, too.

i agree on Transmission and Azureus is a resource hog.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    freudianfreudian Posts: 73member
    I installed Transmission and then used AppZapper to remove Azureus. Much better so far. Turns out it was mainly just the torrents that were slow. I tried some other torrents with each of my clients (azureus/transmission) and they were really fast, while the slow torrents were slow on both clients.

Bye Bye to Azureus with large overhead. Hello Transmission and more free RAM and CPU cycles.

Freud out.