Bose SoundDock vs B&W Zeppelin

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi everyone... I'm on once more looking for your expert and excellent comments to try and help make up my mind what Speaker system to buy for my existing 5th Generation 80GB iPod and new iPhone 3G (July 11th). I have fallen in love with the B&W Zeppelin and really want to get that as I already have a high end hi-fi system with Rotel Amps and CD player with 603 Series B&W speakers. But a mate of mine has the very excellent Bose SoundDock which is half the price... so I'm finding it hard to make a solid decision. Will I be getting double the system for double the price or seeing that it will only be a bedroom accessory... will I really get to fully experience the difference between system. I'm a lover of low-fi, strings based music... simple vocals etc... (Antony and the Johnsons, David Sylvian, Rufus Wainwright, Thomas Feiner (Anywhen) to name but a few)... review of both system are head for head... always 5 star.. so I just dunno which to get...

I had a similar issue before when purchasing my 30" ACD... compared to the 23" ACD.... the price was quite different... but I went with the 30" and loved my decision... I want to invest for the future here with my proposed new iPod Speaker system... I love design and I love crystal clear sound quality at low levels... which would you GO FOR???

Any comments most welcome...

Yours sincerely,

Irish Music and Mac Fan....