Script Menu on iTunes is hiding?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Think I'm cracking up?!

After buying a new laptop and reinstalling the latest version of iTunes - the location of all my music files have changed from an external drive to my megadrive on the laptop, so I have duplicates with the dreaded exclamation mark against the old file locations.

No problem - used Dougscripts Superremovedeadtracks before (and contributed may I add) - so thought I'd run this again.

But can I find the Scripts Menu on iTunes to run the scripts, can I hek! Cannot remember it being a problem last time - sure it is obvious but where exactly do I find it and run the script?

Has it disappeared from the latest iTunes version? Do I need to reinstall - or is it hiding somewhere?

Help appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Script Menu doesn't show by default. You have to at least put scripts into the right area of the Library in order for the menu to show. Go back to Doug's site and reread is tutorials on how to install his scripts.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagalka View Post

Think I'm cracking up?!

After buying a new laptop and reinstalling the latest version of iTunes - the location of all my music files have changed from an external drive to my megadrive on the laptop, so I have duplicates with the dreaded exclamation mark against the old file locations.

No problem - used Dougscripts Superremovedeadtracks before (and contributed may I add) - so thought I'd run this again.

But can I find the Scripts Menu on iTunes to run the scripts, can I hek! Cannot remember it being a problem last time - sure it is obvious but where exactly do I find it and run the script?

Has it disappeared from the latest iTunes version? Do I need to reinstall - or is it hiding somewhere?

Help appreciated!

the location is:

Macintoch HD->Users-><username>->Library->iTunes->Scripts