**** Version 2.0 causes Bluetooth Issues **** http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/s

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi All,

I have tried to pair my 3G iphone with my BMW bluetooth car kit and found that whilst the bmw display states pairing succeeded the next prompt continuously stays at "please wait!".

My 2G iphone worked fine with the BMW (including phonebook on the display) so i thought it was a change to the Bluetooth chip on the 3G iphone.

However this is not the problem!!!! when i then upgraded the software version to 2.0 on the 2G iphone this then failed to pair correctly.

I have notice numerous forum issues raised by unhappy 3G iphone and revised 2.0 iphone users.

Has anyone been able to remidy this or had a response from Apple??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by garethjonesuk View Post

Hi All,

I have tried to pair my 3G iphone with my BMW bluetooth car kit and found that whilst the bmw display states pairing succeeded the next prompt continuously stays at "please wait!".

My 2G iphone worked fine with the BMW (including phonebook on the display) so i thought it was a change to the Bluetooth chip on the 3G iphone.

However this is not the problem!!!! when i then upgraded the software version to 2.0 on the 2G iphone this then failed to pair correctly.

I have notice numerous forum issues raised by unhappy 3G iphone and revised 2.0 iphone users.

Has anyone been able to remidy this or had a response from Apple??

maybe you should have a forum for cars and BT not working,

there is a thread that's talks of 3g BT not working in a Jeep

it might be a common "car issue"
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Does this occur in non-car situations eg. normal bluetooth handset, home wireless devices, etc? Let us know, thanks. Try testing in those situations?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    o_rlyo_rly Posts: 27member
    What model and year BMW? My '05 X3 paired with my iPhone 3G and my original iPhone running 2.0 just fine. In fact, the iPhone 3G is much clearer and crackles less.

Also, you might want to check what firmware build you downloaded. if it is 5A345 then you can restore through iTunes and you'll get the new 5A347 (which I did). That might help.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    brianpbrianp Posts: 11member
    My iPhone 3G with 5A347 firmware paired just fine with my 2008 X5. Don't have older iPhone but have Motorola and BlackBerry phones are still paired.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Does this occur in non-car situations eg. normal bluetooth handset, home wireless devices, etc? Let us know, thanks. Try testing in those situations?

The mac pairs andstates (on imac) it is paired but not connected.

I don't posess an bluetooth headset.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O_rly View Post

What model and year BMW? My '05 X3 paired with my iPhone 3G and my original iPhone running 2.0 just fine. In fact, the iPhone 3G is much clearer and crackles less.

Also, you might want to check what firmware build you downloaded. if it is 5A345 then you can restore through iTunes and you'll get the new 5A347 (which I did). That might help.

Hi, well i have now upgraded to 5A347 and the phone pairs but i still get the PLEASE WAIT! on the BMW X3 display, but the phone does revert to hands free and i can hold a bluetooth conversation.

However i no longer get my cantacts address book or dialing capability on the BMW screen as i used to, so its 50% there but still not what i expect.