Merge 2 calendars/contact lists on iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am considering blending both my Exchange (work) calendars/contacts and my MobileMe (personal) calendars/contacts on my iPhone. Can this be done? Im afraid to commit to anything until I know more about the functionality of the iPhone's functionality regarding Push. I dont want to blow-out any of my current info and have to rebuild something by hand. Id hate to end up with duplicate records too.

Eventually, I might just move all my contacts and cals into my Exchange account, but until then, it would be nie to see both sets of data merged on my iPhone. Not sure how iTunes 7 would handle the local synching process either.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

I am considering blending both my Exchange (work) calendars/contacts and my MobileMe (personal) calendars/contacts on my iPhone. Can this be done? Im afraid to commit to anything until I know more about the functionality of the iPhone's functionality regarding Push. I dont want to blow-out any of my current info and have to rebuild something by hand. Id hate to end up with duplicate records too.

Eventually, I might just move all my contacts and cals into my Exchange account, but until then, it would be nie to see both sets of data merged on my iPhone. Not sure how iTunes 7 would handle the local synching process either.

You should be able to sync both accounts just fine. And don't worry abut "rebuilding something by hand" because you have a backup of all your stuff
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Some time ago I imported pst's of appointments into Calendar 1 rather than Calendar. I then started using Calendar 1 as my calendar. AT&T pushed out new firmware and a desktop application update for the BlackBerry Bold this week, supposedly with a new Visual Voicemail.

susan branch calendar
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

You should be able to sync both accounts just fine. And don't worry abut "rebuilding something by hand" because you have a backup of all your stuff

Sure you can but this will NOT merge the two calandars, except on the iPhone. I'm using the MobileMe and also have a private Mac at home, but can't get my work calendar sync'ed with on both my iPhone and the Mac at home and at work.

I know MobileMe can sync with Outlook on my work computer, but but my company is using Lotus Notes

Lerager