Charging the 3g iPhone - Any workarounds to the USB vs. Firewire issues??

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
As you likely know or are discovering, the iPhone 3G works with just about NO older firewire chargers, docks, or car connectors. While I was aware of this risk, it is disappointing and troubling.

I know I can just go out and buy new docks and car chargers, but does anyone know of a converter or other device that will convert my current firewire 12v standard input pin cable(s) to the USB layout required by the iPhone 3G?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by efjmiller View Post

As you likely know or are discovering, the iPhone 3G works with just about NO older firewire chargers, docks, or car connectors. While I was aware of this risk, it is disappointing and troubling.

I know I can just go out and buy new docks and car chargers, but does anyone know of a converter or other device that will convert my current firewire 12v standard input pin cable(s) to the USB layout required by the iPhone 3G?

Thanks so much.

It may be too soon to answer this. Third party companies haven't had a whole lot of time to create accessories. I would wait it out a bit... but then again, who know how long you'll be waiting.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

It may be too soon to answer this. Third party companies haven't had a whole lot of time to create accessories. I would wait it out a bit... but then again, who know how long you'll be waiting.

I appreciate it.