Iphone Exchange "Sent Mail" Issues

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Got the new iPhone and was amazed at how simple it was to set up Exchange. I thought everything was working perfectly until I looked at the "Sent Items" folder in Entourage. Any email that was sent on my iPhone shows up with nothing in the To or Subject fields. Also, the body of the email will not display. Instead all you see is computer jargon.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rhsauerrhsauer Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJabin View Post

Got the new iPhone and was amazed at how simple it was to set up Exchange. I thought everything was working perfectly until I looked at the "Sent Items" folder in Entourage. Any email that was sent on my iPhone shows up with nothing in the To or Subject fields. Also, the body of the email will not display. Instead all you see is computer jargon.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Yep -- having the exact same problem. Using the new 2.0 software on an iPod touch and Entourage 2008, all via WebDAV (OWA). On the Mac, the Sent Mail items that were sent from the iPod do not appear correctly, but they show up fine on in the Sent Mail folder on Outlook (at work) and over OWA. I'd bet Apple will say this is a MS problem (and vice versa).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    martinzmartinz Posts: 92member
    Same stuff going on here. It seems that the recipients do actually receive messages correctly at least. Maybe this is why there is that 'always bcc myself' option in settings .
  • Reply 3 of 4
    It's an M$ issue, is almost two years old, and existed in Entourage 2004 as well as 2008: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926521
  • Reply 4 of 4
    martinzmartinz Posts: 92member
    I've just sent a couple of messages on Exchange from my iPhone and then moved the messages to a subfolder within Sent Items. Doing this has made them display normally within Entourage!