Apple still make computers?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just wondering when we might see or hear something from Apple that deals with Computers, Monitors, NB, Tablet or anything but iPhone - iPod!

They are saying how the masses are switching over to Apple. What in hell are the switching for?

If (in my opinion) apple doesn't get back on track to their core business - the one that got them here, maybe someone should start up a new company to make and market computers that will work with the OS's that Apple comes out with.

I for one, would rather not have to wait until JANUARY to see a NEW Mac, Desktop, NB, Tablet unit.

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I don't know why you're making such a fuss. I just bought a brand new 20" iMac and it totally rocks. With this and an iPhone I don't need a laptop.

Then there is the brilliant MacBook Air, which has barely been on sale 6 months. Yes, I know it is a little under-powered with insufficient memory to be an "only computer" for most people, but it is certainly a vision of the future and shows that Apple knows its stuff when it comes to... computers.

If you need a more powerful laptop, the MacBook pro was last updated in February and even now is still an impressive machine. And when it comes to high-performance desk tops, the Mac Pro is still the weapon of choice for the creative industries. Period.

More than any hardware designs, there's a much more powerful reason why Apple computers haven't lost their edge. It's called OSX. Before you attack Apple, i suggest you try using Vista with a few mission critical apps and then compare how many times it crashes, confuses or does a whole bunch of stuff it's not meant to do, with any leopard equipped machine.

I sound like an ad for Apple. But I simply love their stuff because it is so EASY TO USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. It just works and is so easy to use. So I don't think Apple has lost sight of their priorities at all. it is right on the money.

Apple certainly isn't late with a new MacBook Pro, because Intel only released Centrino 2 yesterday. By all accounts, a new version of the MBP is very nearly comin' atcha, buddy. So keep the faith and watch this space.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    [QUOTE=crocodile;1278930]I don't know why you're making such a fuss. I just bought a brand new 20" iMac and it totally rocks. With this and an iPhone I don't need a laptop ?

I just want something new

I have 3 iPods, and iPod Touch

2 Intel dual Desktop's

a 23" monitor

1 Very nice 30" monitor

A 17" MBPro

And A LOT of other mac stuff. I'm the Founder and past President of what was Maine's largest Mac users group ? and a BIG block of Apple shares I got at $7.10 per share MANY years ago (See me smiling).

I JUST like NEW toys, and would love to see something computer related out of Apple before MacWorld Expo in Jan.

Skip
  • Reply 3 of 9
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    [QUOTE=ncee;1278945]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crocodile View Post

I don't know why you're making such a fuss. I just bought a brand new 20" iMac and it totally rocks. With this and an iPhone I don't need a laptop ?

2 Intel dual Desktop's

a 23" monitor

1 Very nice 30" monitor

A 17" MBPro

And A LOT of other mac stuff. I'm the Founder and past President of what was Maine's largest Mac users group ? and a BIG block of Apple shares I got at $7.10 per share MANY years ago (See me smiling).

I JUST like NEW toys, and would love to see something computer related out of Apple before MacWorld Expo in Jan.

Skip

You know good and well there will be new stuff in the Fall.

You've been through the routine before.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    [QUOTE=ncee;1278945]
    Quote:

I don't know why you're making such a fuss. I just bought a brand new 20" iMac and it totally rocks. With this and an iPhone I don't need a laptop ?

2 Intel dual Desktop's

a 23" monitor

1 Very nice 30" monitor

A 17" MBPro

Skip

So, you're the default leader of the instant gratification generation, where want trumps need?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    We're all part of the "We Generation", or was it "Wheeeee... Generation!" ??
  • Reply 6 of 9
    not fsjnot fsj Posts: 12member
    I haven't forgotten the DIgital Hub proclamation. The Cloud is not the answer for most of us. The Mac will grow into more of a player and TV beyond 1080p awaits the day when processing power will make the purveyers of bandwith a shell of their former selves.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Apple is far ahead of the curve with the AppleTV, in my opinion. In the short-term future (10 years max), we will see a massive increase in home bandwidth, which will become the downfall of today's telecommunications companies. Right now, the content drives the media; eventually, the media will drive the content. Services will simply piggy-back on the huge pipe, like television, movie rentals, telephony, etc. It has already begun: look at Vonage and its very popular VOIP business, or Skype.

Three major milestones must occur for the threshold to be crossed: {A} IPv6 is implemented, {B} the second-generation backbone comes online, and {C} fiber-to-the-home becomes widely available.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

We're all part of the "We Generation", or was it "Wheeeee... Generation!" ??

I think thats Wii Generation
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    [QUOTE=ncee;1278945]
    Quote:

I don't know why you're making such a fuss. I just bought a brand new 20" iMac and it totally rocks. With this and an iPhone I don't need a laptop …

2 Intel dual Desktop's

a 23" monitor

1 Very nice 30" monitor

A 17" MBPro

And A LOT of other mac stuff. I'm the Founder and past President of what was Maine's largest Mac users group … and a BIG block of Apple shares I got at $7.10 per share MANY years ago (See me smiling).

Skip

Be thrilled you have disposable income to whine about not having a new computer from Apple.