emails go to spam / junk folder?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello folks.

Question if I may. Is there a way to have more of my emails get through to my clients? It seems like right now, damn near every email I send out is going into folks spam or junk email boxes?

Is there anything I can do at my end i.e., different mail server / host. Different email program?

Is email sent but not received an issue ONLY at the receivers end? Do they have to make changes to their system to allow my emails to get through / be accepted?

It seems to be a recent issue, as I don't remember it being this bad.

The email address is the same one we have been using for the last 8 months or so.

I was told to get a Yahoo or Excite or some other email address to see if it still happens, that doesn't make much sense to me. Why would / should that make any difference?

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Hello folks.

Question if I may. Is there a way to have more of my emails get through to my clients? It seems like right now, damn near every email I send out is going into folks spam or junk email boxes?

Is there anything I can do at my end i.e., different mail server / host. Different email program?

Is email sent but not received an issue ONLY at the receivers end? Do they have to make changes to their system to allow my emails to get through / be accepted?

It seems to be a recent issue, as I don't remember it being this bad.

The email address is the same one we have been using for the last 8 months or so.

I was told to get a Yahoo or Excite or some other email address to see if it still happens, that doesn't make much sense to me. Why would / should that make any difference?

Skip

You say clients meaning you're in sales, no? The answer to your question could be two fold. One, the content of your email may be triggering spam filters to flag your emails as spam. Two, your email provider may not have chosen to implement certain technologies to help detect spam. Since you didn't list your email provider I can't really speak to number two. As far as number one goes, if you're sending out ads there could be a number of key words or phrases that are triggering spam filters.

User error aside, email sent but not received is not 100% the receivers issue. Things can go wrong with your email server that could cause it. Your clients can makes changes to their email to allow yours to come through but the exact steps are different for virtually all email providers and clients.

Using a well known provider like Yahoo or Excite will help address my point number two. The larger email providers typically use technologies that help verify sender info which helps prevent false positives.