How do I reinstall Calendar?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Somehow, my Calendar app is missing. I never really used it, but now that I have an iPhone, I want to mess with it, but it's gone.

How do I get it back?



(The icon is missing on the desktop as is the app in the app folder. It also doesn't show up in a search.)

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Scroll your screen to the right.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post


    Scroll your screen to the right.



    I'm not sure what you're suggesting....
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post


    I'm not sure what you're suggesting....



    I assume that you are running iPhone 2.0. Your iPhone's "Desktop" is probably overflowing to a second screen on the right. Put you thumb on the screen and flick to the left. This will bring the right-side screen into view.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post


    I assume that you are running iPhone 2.0. Your iPhone's "Desktop" is probably overflowing to a second screen on the right. Put you thumb on the screen and flick to the left. This will bring the right-side screen into view.



    He's talking about his Mac. He just bought the iPhone and now wants to use iCal.



    Go get your restore disk (or your upgrade disk if you upgraded from Tiger) and do a custom install for just the iCal application.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    leafyleafy Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post


    He's talking about his Mac. He just bought the iPhone and now wants to use iCal.



    Go get your restore disk (or your upgrade disk if you upgraded from Tiger) and do a custom install for just the iCal application.



    This brings up a pretty interesting question.



    If I have installed something from 10.5.1 install disk into a 10.5.4 system, how would I apply the updates from the combo updater? (assuming the said app got updated in the OS updaters) Any thoughts?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    That is handled by the receipts. Re-installing iCal will leave a receipt with the version number. Later, when you update, the Combo will check that receipt, note the difference, and install the correct version. Theoretically! However, I remember the iTunes version 7 fiasco where all that didn't work so well.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    leafyleafy Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sherman Homan View Post


    That is handled by the receipts. Re-installing iCal will leave a receipt with the version number. Later, when you update, the Combo will check that receipt, note the difference, and install the correct version. Theoretically! However, I remember the iTunes version 7 fiasco where all that didn't work so well.



    Well, I tried that once with X11-user.pkg and didn't go very well (hence the question). The combo won't even try to read the receipts. It just said "no, your computer doesn't need me" (or something like that). I guess some manual work is required for such a situation.
Sign In or Register to comment.