Why wait for new MBP? (Apple Newbie)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

In case i will buy the new MBP it will be my first Apple. I nearlly bought the recent model but then read here about a potential new Model. Now I have waited almost a month and took the time to investigate the Windows market, where i found some very good models as well (e.g. http://topgearelectronics.com/blog/?p=15910 ).

I don't really have to buy before First week of September and it doesnt have to be an Apple. I don't know if i wanna wait that long so i was wondering if there would be any benefit for waiting anyways. So i was wondering if you guys could give me advise. Here is what i wanna do with the Laptop

-Very heavy multitasking (Leaving 8-10 Word Documents open will ripping a DVD into a Video Format, do some minor Video and Audio editing (wanna cut out some parts of DVDs).

-I also wanna archive my whole DVD and CDs on the Laptop (its not that much, but i dont like Itunes)

- Dont wanna buy a new Laptop in the near future (my last Conpaq Laptop lasted me for 7 years very well and XP was fine with me).

What i do not want is to wait while Programs like Word are getting started (even when I am doing the Multitasking), the same with starting or closing the Laptop.

- I wanna get longest possible battery life (a possible reason to wait) and very easy portability

- I dont want my Laptop get hot ( I read a lot on the web of MBP getting very hot)

So should I wait for the new MBP? Will it make a difference anyways?

Thank you very much for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    From how it sounds, it doesn't even look like you are even that into macs. Waiting is going to get you improvments, and even if the new MBP doesnt hav what you want, then you can get an old one for a reduced price.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    The upcoming revision may or may not (probably may) be a major design change, but it likely won't be a significant performance increase.

One very viable strategy is to wait until Apple updates a product, then buy the previous generation, as they will be on sale in the clearance section of the online store.