Can't send email

tmptmp
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Now that .me is there I can't send email from my home computer. I can receive it, but not send it. I had in there smtp.mail.mac:username and tried replacing it with smtp.mail.me:username but neither one worked. The buys at Apple say I'm not affected by the MobileMess, so buh-bye you're on your own. Any ideas? You guys usually know everything. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a dupe thread..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmp View Post

Now that .me is there I can't send email from my home computer. I can receive it, but not send it. I had in there smtp.mail.mac:username and tried replacing it with smtp.mail.me:username but neither one worked. The buys at Apple say I'm not affected by the MobileMess, so buh-bye you're on your own. Any ideas? You guys usually know everything. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a dupe thread..

The exact error message you receive would be a great help
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

The exact error message you receive would be a great help

This message could not be delivered because your SMTP settings are not set. Please use the Accounts Preferences panel to set the SMTP options for your account.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be delivered

The account is defaulted to smtp.me.com:username

stmp.mac.com:username doesn't work either.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    figured it out, thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    prno7prno7 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmp View Post

figured it out, thanks

How did you do it? I think I have exactly the same problem here...