10.5 disc ejects can't upgrade

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just bought a new iphone! and I have a G4 1.25ghz powerbook with 1.25mb of ram, running 10.3.9 and I was trying to upgrade to 10.5, but the disc just keeps on getting ejected. So I restart the computer and hold down C and insert the CD and then it ejects the CD

The CD was bought today from Apple, and is called

"Mac OS X Leopard

Install DVD

Version 10.5.1"

I've searched around on the internets and I can't find an answer.

I'm thinking that maybe it is because the Ram is after market? But I'm not sure, as this was my dad's computer and he would not have done anything besides word, email, and the web.

When I restart while holding down C nothing new happens. Why is this?

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's not the RAM, sorry I can't help you more. I know if you burn a "copy" (tee he) of Leopard it will refuse to install. Are you sure you "bought" this copy?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's not the RAM, sorry I can't help you more. I know if you burn a "copy" (tee he) of Leopard it will refuse to install. Are you sure you "bought" this copy?

I just got back from the Apple Store, where I bought it with my student discount for $124. That is why this is so frustrating.

And My GF is pissed at me since it doesn't work, and I was pissed at her earlier since it took 4 hours to get her a phone since she wanted to transfer her number over and I didn't think it would work as she has a Cali number and I'm in Mn.

So it is a huge piss fest right now.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piercebrew View Post

... but the disc just keeps on getting ejected. So I restart the computer and hold down C and insert the CD and then it ejects the CD ...

OK, you must insert the DVD before you restart the computer. After you do this, then your computer should boot into from the DVD when you restart while holding down the [c]-key. If this does not work, then ask yourself how much free hard drive space do you have.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    It was a bad disk. Went back and they gave me a new one.

Thanks for the help.