Mail Checker App

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know of a Universal application like Mail Watch? I've used Mail Watch for years but it's a PPC app that doesn't work well with Leopard 10.5.4. Must work with POP accounts since Comcast doesn't have IMAP.



Thanks

Comments

  • Reply 2 of 7
    That widget might work. How do I convert a widget to a stand along application?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Douglas Holley View Post


    That widget might work. How do I convert a widget to a stand along application?



    You can use it in dev. mode or something like that, but you don't need to. Just leave it as the only widget in dashboard if you hate dashboard that much. It checks your Mail and notifies you with Mail.app closed.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I just go ahead and leave Mail.app open all day and have it check for new mail every few minutes. Because of the way OS X handles memory allocation, it uses less ram to just leave it open than opening and closing it 20 times a day.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Synthetic Frost View Post


    I just go ahead and leave Mail.app open all day and have it check for new mail every few minutes. Because of the way OS X handles memory allocation, it uses less ram to just leave it open than opening and closing it 20 times a day.



    I might try and get into that habit.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    I might try and get into that habit.



    That's what I do too, leave Mail open all day. Add this Mail plugin to the mix and you'll be quite happy, I think.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn View Post


    That's what I do too, leave Mail open all day. Add this Mail plugin to the mix and you'll be quite happy, I think.



    Despite the useful of that application I don't work that way. Thanks though.
Sign In or Register to comment.