Jailbroken iphone has become slow

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi,

I have the first gen iphone that I just jailbroke using the pwnage tool. It has become significantly slower than the 1.1.4 that it was running. Is this normal?

Also, the cydia software has several updates, am I supposed to update the system? I dont plan to use unauthorized apps, so I was wondering if cydia is of any use to me.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Ragz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Details dude - what pwnage ?

Did you backup ?

If you used the right one you COULD be jailbroken AND unlocked running 1.1.4

me - jailbroken and unlocked on 1.1.4 via http://www.ziphone.org/ AND in NO hurry to go to 2x

The whole idea of a Jailbroken and unlocked iPhone IS that you can run unauthorised apps, not to mention have a choice of carriers ....

Unauthorised ? - well. not officially sanctioned by Apple. Do they work - yup.

Cydia ? - sounds viral.

It's an installer .. nothing to fear.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ragz View Post

Hi,

I have the first gen iphone that I just jailbroke using the pwnage tool. It has become significantly slower than the 1.1.4 that it was running. Is this normal?

I hate to break to you, but the issue is not jailbreaking or pwnage. It's 2.0. It's as buggy as heck!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ragzragz Posts: 6member
    Originally I had used ziphone to unlock to 1.1.4 and it ran perfectly. Now I have pwned it with the iphone 2.0 (5A347) firmware. I am no tech geek and I followed the procedure mentioned in the devteam blog. I believe it has made a backup. Although I dont really care for the backup data as it didnt have anything significant yet.

I also think 2.0 is buggy and annoying. Very cool features, with a lot to ask for yet, but still a good enough upgrade to ditch 1.1.4 I am a hardcore blackberry user and trying very hard to switch to the iphone. Still not convinced yet. I cannot do without push mail (dont ask me why, cause I dont know) and my company uses a linux mail server, so I am out of luck i guess. I will however continue to use my trusty BB for sometime yet play around with this incredibly cool iphone. I have converted to a mac since they switched to Intel...cannot ever go back now. So I really want this phone to work for me.

Cheers

ragz